8 Fall Ideas for a Whimsical Workspace!
Fall can be fun, too. Especially when we explore its bounty to craft our very own Back to School Workspace!A Back to School Homework Workspace is like a grown-up, work-from-home work space. *EXCEPT* for kids only! (Or very impish adults.) This means: more string lights, more yarn... more forts! So grab a pen and a glossy notebook: it's time to take down these 8 JAM ways to add a touch of whimsy to homework this year with a Back to School Workspace!
1. Paper Table CoversSometimes you just gotta doodle. We chose a brown Kraft wrapping paper as a makeshift table cover, for doodling. It's 100% recycled.
2. Found Objects[caption id="attachment_18143" align="alignnone" width="1024"] Featuring JAM Large 1 1/2" Burlap Covered and Ruler Design Wood Clips[/caption] Fall is perfect for bricolage, and bricolage is perfect for personalizing a workspace. Hunt for leaves, twigs, abandoned bird’s nests, natural twine, and cute wood clips to give your workstation a natural, ethereal look.
3. String Lights[caption id="attachment_17866" align="alignnone" width="1024"] Featuring a JAM Complete Desk Kit in red[/caption] What jamboree is complete without string lights? They help when it's dark out -- or when you need inspiration. Plus, they’re magical ~~
4. LabelsIf you have to label your creative space, use cute labels.
5. BucketsBuckets are great organizational tools. A bold, patterned pail adds a splash of retro fun to our neutral homework station.
6. Play Things!Stare into the abyss of an aquamarine orb. Roll a marble under your palm... Ooooommm…. Isolating your senses can be a powerful method of stress-relief. (Plus it's cheaper than an Xbox 360.) A few colorful beads and ornamental doorknobs accent our workstation. Try marbles or steampunk gadgets as well.
7. Funny Pictures
Whether it’s Whybie and Coraline, or one of our favorite Michael Sowa's, a funny picture keeps your space creative and reminds your kid of what keeps her ticking!
8. Diaries!Some folks are all about color coordination -- others like sparkles and BOLD patterns. A stapler, tape dispenser, and journal in matching, bold colors gives you middle ground between Offred and Liberace.
- Happy Hunting!