*Please note*: These envelope sizes apply specifically to the United States. Standard International envelope sizes differ.
#10 is the most common envelope size for business and personal letters. It is commonly referred to as the 10-style or legal-sized envelope.
The "A" series envelope sizes are great for announcements, informal invitations, booklets, greeting cards, photographs, stationary, and more.
Open End / Catalog / Policy: Opening is on the short side of the envelope. Booklet: Opening is on the long side of the envelope
Most of our envelopes are laser ready, not necessarily ink jet ready. We recommend you test a sample prior to making your purchase.
The procedure to request samples is as follows:
1) If the item(s) you are interested in seeing are sold in increments of 25 or more and are not in the close out section of the site, paper samples are available for color and quality. To order a sample, go to the page where the product you are interested in is on, choose the envelope size and color (this is to be done first or you will not be able to proceed any further) and then under the window where the picture of the envelope appears, click the link that says: "Request Color Sample". Your free paper color sample will be added to your shopping bag.
You will be able to add up to 5 free color samples. If you provide a UPS or FedEx number, JAM Paper will not charge for shipping. If you do not have a UPS or FedEx number, please select to have your samples ship via U.S. mail and you will be charged $3.25 for postage, packaging and handling. If you select UPS, and do not provide an account number, shipping charges will be higher than they would be if you had selected U.S. mail.
2) If the item(s) you are interested in are sold individually, you will need to purchase your samples since there is no minimum order. As always, you are welcome to use your Federal Express or your United Parcel Service account number for the shipment.
3) If the items are envelopes from the closeout area, then you may go to the "Contact Us" portion of the site and request for someone to send a sample for you to review.
4) If the item(s) are in the custom area, the only way to determine price, lead time and / or to request a sample is to go to the "Quote Request" section and provide us with the specific details of what you are interested in.
5) If you absolutely require an envelope sample, instead of a paper sample for color, please provide your UPS or FedEx number when placing your order and clarify that you require the actual envelope in the special instructions box. OR, simply go to the "Contact Us" link located on the bottom of the page and fill out the form and remember to include your UPS or FedEx number. We will send out the sample as soon as possible for you.